First up today is the animal Linus quilt. Having machine stitched the binding on the front, I sat down to watch a dvd while I hand stitched the binding on the back
all finished,a lovely bright quilt, which has cosy fleece on the back
then it was on to the first of the two brushed cotton baby quilts. Having stitched curves in the small squares, I was sitting wondering what to do in the big squares when Malcolm came into the studio. "What will I do in the big squares?" I asked. "Straight lines" he replied. "Moi, stitch straight lines, I don't think so!"
but I changed to the walking foot, stuck on a strip of masking tape as a guide .......
....... and stitched straight lines
ok, he was right, the straight lines look good
so I used them on the other one as well
the next job was to darn in all the ends, so I got out my new easy-theading needles
they have a slot in the top that you pull the thread through, which saves a lot of time if you have lots of ends to sew in
ends all dealt with, I folded the backing fabric out of the way, and trimmed off the excess wadding
then I trimmed the backing fabric to an inch bigger all round than the quilt top. I folded the backing fabric over to the front and stitched it down to make false binding ...... and forgot to take a photo of that stage!
here are the two finished quilts
and here are the latest two knitted blankets
along with the blanket I had already finished, that's a nice pile to go to Linus!
I prepped the next four stitcheries
then pinned the big hexies in place in the remaining two borders
and pinned a strip of small hexagons in place to see how they looked
I may have bought some fabric this morning ...... I'll tell you about it tomorrow!