It all started with an email when we were in Portugal. Jenny Fox-Proverbs, the editor of the new quilting magazine, Today's Quilter, got in touch to ask permission to use one of my photos. She explained that they urgently needed a photo of Susan Briscoe for issue 3 of the magazine
they hadn't been able to find one of a good enough quality to use in the supplement to the magazine which was to feature Susan. They had done an internet search, and had found a photo of Susan which I had posted on the blog way back in 2009. Would I give them permission to use it? They would say that I had taken the photo, mention the blog address, and send me a copy of the magazine, so I was happy to say yes. There was then a slight problem, as my copy of the magazine didn't arrive, so I bought one at the weekend. And there was my photo!
that led to another problem - I couldn't see any mention of my name as photographer, despite the photo appearing twice in the supplement and once in the main magazine. So of course I emailed Jenny the editor. I received a prompt reply to tell me that the credit line is on the left hand side of the photo - but the type is so small and so pale it is barely visible, so I doubt anyone has noticed it. Even after I told Malcolm to look carefully at the left hand side of the photo, he didn't see it! (and the blog address is wrong, it doesn't start www). Ah well, never mind, it was good to see the photo!
so, on to the crafting. Malcolm has clocks sitting all over the place, the latest two in the kitchen
he is quite happy with the verdigris on his copper dials, but I found when I tried a sample for my Christmas trees that it didn't stand up to being handled. So I had a think, and decided to try using some Annie Sloan chalk paint, starting with a trial on an off cut of copper
after the paint had dried, I rubbed it with some wax
the trial went well, so I painted and waxed my angel with the blue paint that I already had, and today I bought some green paint for the trees, which I will use tomorrow
I looked out this book of papers, to use for the background for the little stone pictures
I used double-sided sticky sheets to stick the paper to the card mounts
I prepped these other little frames in the same way - all the frames came from a charity shop, which is why they needed a bit of tlc
I started looking out bits of sea glass, to make little boats - Malcolm will add the little artistic details
I had a play with a piece of slate, a candle jar and bits of driftwood ....... but I forgot to take a photo of the finished article, so you will have to wait until Friday to see it! Next I had a rake through one of Malcolm's many boxes of driftwood, and, using slate (found on the beach) as a base, I produced these two little driftwood sculptures, which I rather like
last night I sat and tied ribbon round half of the little boxes that I made recently ...... so of course I demanded another reward!! We went out for lunch today and I had my favourite coronation chicken sandwich, which was a fitting reward!
Malcolm enjoyed a bowl of French onion soup with a savoury scone
I loved my mismatched vintage cup and saucer ....... and yes, that is a little meringue!