There was a distinct nip in the air this morning when I went for my walk .... we are definitely into late summer! The farmers are still busy - this field was cut for hay yesterday
The crops have been harvested from this field, and the straw baled
This afternoon I made a start to my cushions using my lovely piece oftoile fabric, which was originally made in France. The first job was to disassemble the sample curtain
I then cut the pieces for the back of the cushion
To make sure I hemmed the correct edges and put the matching pieces together, I used different coloured pins on the edges to be stitched
Despite the dozens (and dozens) of threads that I have, I had trouble finding a brown one - I eventually unearthed this rather old reel
I like to listen to music when I am sewing, so there was a slight pause while I put on another cd - this one was pure nostalgia - I used to love watching Ally McBeal (and I cried when Billy died!!)
Having hemmed the pieces for the back, I then had to decide which pictures to use for the fronts. Having picked two, I then had to mark cutting lines. I used my twelve and a half inch square ruler to centre the picture, then added another ruler to give me my line to mark
These are the two pictures I chose
The first cushion pinned and ready to sew
After stitching, I turned the cuchion cover right side out and ironed it well. I wanted to topstitch it an inch from the edge, so I put a quilting guide on the sewing machine
I only had time this afternoon to finish one of the covers - I should get the other one done over the weekend. They are for the big chairs in the back lounge - I am pleased with how this one looks .....
....... and the Gnome Sisters like the new look for their chair!!