Before we went on holiday, I made a start to this kit, which I had bought at the Autumn Quilt Show, although as I mentioned, I am making a wallhanging rather than the draught excluder
all the fabric needed is in the kit
I started by tracing the sheep bodies on to fusible web, and fusing it to the wrong side of the fabrics
then I stitched the borders on, to help with the placement of the sheep
the bodies in place, but not yet fused as there are bits to be tucked under the edges
the faces, top knots and legs traced and fused to black and white felt
the first sheepie with its face, top knot and legs in place
the sheep all fused in place
layered up and ready to quilt
I stitched round the edges of the sheep with invisible thread - a sort of combination of raw-edge applique and quilting. I have turned the piece over to the wrong side, so you can see the stitching
I changed to the walking foot and quilted in the ditch round the borders
then back to the quilting foot to quilt the background
the background quilted ...... and that is as far as I got before we went away. Now I will have to decide how to quilt the borders
as you can see, I have rather a lot of projects on the go at the moment (and of course there is all the sock knitting as well!) ............
so for the next few weeks, I will just be here on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Do pop in again on Wednesday, as I have some Happy Mail to show you!!