First, I will reveal all about my new project, then I will explain today's title! Those who guessed it was a swift/woolwinder were correct ...... and well done to Jill, who also guessed that the project is my Maia kit, which I bought from my lovely friend Helen (I've just brought up her blog to put in the link .... and there is one of her friends modelling her Maia!!). Yesterday evening, I used my woolwinder for the first time - it may be a basic one, but it does the job ....... it only cost me £5 from a car boot sale, and a fancy one that we saw at Woolfest was £75!!!
It expands to fit the hank of wool, then it turns as you wind the ball. By the time I had wound the entire hank (1200 metres!!) I didn't have much time to knit, but I did manage a few rows - I always write down my rows as I do them - so of course I have a knitted cover for my knitting notebook!
I am sitting in Stuart's lounge writing this .... we came up to Falkirk this morning to spend a few days with him ..... he is off work on his 'summer' holidays - but the weather isn't co-operating!! The plan was for Malcolm to design and possibly start making a timber deck in the back garden - but the rain has meant that project has been postponed. So instead, Malcolm has been boxing in pipes
a successful construction
I was doing some prep work in the guest bedroom before I paint and paper it ....... but there has been a problem in this corner in the past, with water ingress from a leaking gutter, so I ended up with a spot of destruction, cutting back to sound plaster ..... I will now have to come back to do the plastering - it's quite a few years since I last did any plastering (in the 90s we had a Victorian house which we restored!) .... perhaps it's just as well this is only a small area!
It's worse than that - I hadn't quite finished my destruction when I took the photo! Alison had just arrived and Malcolm is cooking rack of lamb for us, so I had better end now!!